Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whisky and Smoking

I was talking to my friend today about guys with nice, raspy, sexy voices when they sing. Another friend started telling me how it's actually the destructive act of smoking which tares the oesophagus, which is how the sexy rasp comes about. Hmmmm...how can something that kills you make your voice sound so heavenly?

Anyway, this convo lead to us talking about about the wonderful, chocolate, honey, everything sweet and smooth that is James Morrison's voice... :

...But then I remembered...there was a time when I was obsessed with a certain Scottish someone whom also had a very rasp-ilicious voice. After digging back into my memory, I remembered it was Paolo Nutini. Actually, I bought his CD because I found the video below on youtube. The lyrics especially won me over:

"Back off Loneliness and hello tenderness, i've been waiting for your call for so long. And it must have been hard to follow your soul and stick to the road that your heart wants to go

and as you slide through the door with your morals on your sleeve, I think It's time for all those morals to leave, so lets get down and freaky baby, lets get restless baby, common get crazy with me..."



There was a period of time when I just listened to Paolo and James. Ask my friends. I mean, who wouldn't want to listen to two white boys with soul? Their voices are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment