Wednesday, January 27, 2010

If only I won the lottery


Have you ever planned out in your head what on earth you would do if you won the 200 million dollar lottery? I mean actually taking a piece of paper and dividing how your millions would be spent? Don't lie, I know you have.

One time I was in the library with my friend and out of the blue I whispered to her in the next cubicle over, "Lets buy lottery tickets right now! I feel lucky!!". To my surprise she also "felt lucky"... and off we went. I actually thought I was going to win... and I rarely buy lottery tickets, but when I do, I have this undeniable faith that I WILL win. But then again, so did the other 500,000 people who bought lottery tickets for that week. I'm actually surprised when I go onto the 649 website to check my numbers... I read it about 4 times over just to make sure I didn't win. Sad? I know... especially when statistics say that individuals are more likely to be struck by lightening twice before winning.

Another time I was in a cab and discussing the lottery with the driver- don't ask... I have the most RANDOM chats with cab drivers. Anyway, this sweet man had an undying belief that he would eventually win the lottery. He told me his daily routine included buying 2 lottery tickets in hopes that one day he will eventually win... I really hope he does- someone who spends that much energy and money on something should be rewarded! Plus he was nice, so why not?

So lets say I have an endless supply of money and I could do anything I want with it... WHAT would I do?

1) Go to the University of Spoiled Children (Aka USC/ University of Southern California) and take the same courses my friend steph is currently enrolled in. AKA YOGA, CHESS and STEP CLASS.

2) Buy an Island next to Johnny Depp's island so we can be island neighbors


3) Travel the world and buy houses at my favorite stops

4) Annually donate money to different charities

5) Go on "Millionare Matchmaker" just for kicks

6) Start a kick-ass Music/ Arts festival

7) Start a kick-ass Film festival

8) Buy the parentals a retirement house on the Caymen Islands

9) Hire Cake Boss to bake for me bi-weekly


10) Buy "Fox News" just so I can cancel it


11) Have a pet pig- because I can- actually, make it 4 pet pigs


12) Take my friends on an amazing vacation

13) Give some of my winnings to that cab driver- Why not? I'm loaded.


ohhhh, If only... In the mean time, I'll just have to deal and make my fortune the old fashioned way- WORK.

What would YOU do if you won the lottery?

1 comment:

  1. im in chess right now actually... and its not all that glamorous.

    ReplyDelete