Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Time To Get On Your Way


So the dreadful time of leaving University has finally arrived... weirdly enough I'm going to miss London, Ontario; its blizzard snow storms with mounds of snow blowing into my face, its wonderful icy wind that makes my toes, fingers and nose turn blue, its lovely transit strikes meaning I have to walk 40 minutes to and from school, its 3 am fire alarms and fire fighters waking you up with flashlights, its trains that run directly through "downtown" and stops all traffic for 10 minutes, Richmond Row and its lines of overly-tanned, slutty fake-blonds from tiny little towns thinking they are in "the big city," its twenty page paper assignments meaning no sleep for days on end and finally, the comfortable little cubicles at Weldon library, which I can proudly call my second home.



But in all seriousness, I absolutely love Western, especially when its sunny, the birds are chirping and the cute little students are playing outside in the student ghettos. I love the campus and the darling river that runs through it. I love the cute preppy boys that can be found almost everywhere you turn, I love Homecoming and St Patty Day pancake keggars, I loved my experience in residence and the wildness that was Saugeen Maitland Hall with police officers roaming the hallways, I love seeing first years and realizing how little they look and knowing how much they are going to learn about themselves in the next four years, and most of all, I love the friends that I've made here and how we have grown up into intelligent, mature adults together.






One door closes and another opens. I am done school (for now) but now I get to travel and see the world...some people call this a "scary" time in life, but I think its exciting. I think this is when real life begins.

To all my friends who are graduating, I know you're nervous but don't you fret. You keep asking yourself nervously, "will I succeed?". Well I, as well as Dr. Seuss undoubtedly confirm;

Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!


Hello real world, you ready for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment