Friday, December 11, 2009

The Things We Learn From Pure Boredom

I didn't know being bored could be so tiring. I gave myself the pleasure of taking the last three days off...I figured I owed it to myself (yes... because I am THAT special)

It's so bizarre when you suddenly STOP. It's like running on a treadmill and the treadmill suddenly turning off and your knees painfully lock. OR it's like being in a horrible tornado- everything is windy and pieces of debris are flying everywhere and life is significantly stressful and you're trying to look for safe cover... but then suddenly you find yourself standing at the eye of the storm. You have no idea how you got there but everything becomes so silent, so peaceful, so wonderful...

Until, of course, you discover how BORING the eye of the storm is (Especially when ALL your friends are studying for exams).

SO what have I done for my last three days of boredom?
1) Slept in as long as I could force myself
2) Watched UP, Harry Potter, Super Size Me, How I Met Your Mother and Food, Inc
3) Browsed the Internet for Christmas gifts
4) Watched many episodes of What Not to Wear
5) Ate tasty desserts to fill in time
6) Attempted to go out to the bar, but failed miserably and fell asleep instead
7) Walked to Shoppers Drug Mart with my roomie to get "fresh air"
8) GYM, GYM, GYM

Yes, being bored is tiring...because you need to find things to occupy yourself with. But don't you worry, I will be back in the middle of the crazy storm again... this was just a momentary break.

So you must have learned SOMETHING from your three days of boredom, you say.
and you're right, I have...

Ice cream DOES taste better with a fork. Try it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment