Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oh, how silly we were

Some things I never understood when I was little:



1) I thought the years recycled in the 90s. Example, "1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999...1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 ... etc etc" I think you get the point.

2) I never understood when my parents would say things like, "20 years ago today is our anniversary". HOW ON EARTH CAN 20 years ago be today when today is now and 20 years ago is in the past...!?

3) I was positive when I was 8 years old that I would never learn how to read the clock. It was so hard!

4) I thought that whenever I heard a train go by, I would shrink. NOT Suprisingly, i'm still scared of the sound of trains (Thanks to my wonderful fibbing father)

5) When I was 11, I didn't understand what it meant when the teacher said we had a test... so I never studied for anything. I was so confused why I was getting bad grades.

6) I cried the night when I was turning 10. I thought I was getting old because I was hitting double digits

7) I use to think my mom actually believed I was playing the keyboards on "auto-play" mode. I thought I was so sly.

8) When I was 7, I saw a woman on TV wearing low-rise, white jeans. I was appalled. I thought to myself, "I am never going to wear anything below my belly button" - I was much happier wearing my spandex to my chest.

Hopefully I'll remember these myths so I can tell my future kids not to believe the same things...

No comments:

Post a Comment